Tuesday 20 December 2011

Music: Heals the Soul

I was listening to few old Tamil songs and one particular song caught my attention. It was this song “Boomiyil Maanidan” from a 1941 movie Ashok Kumar. The singer was none other than MKT himself. But what amazed me were the hard hitting lyrics by P Sivan. It was after 6 times of looped listening I decided to draft my experience.

I felt so guilty of being born in this world and doing nothing which is expected out of a human. I see the world around me which is engrossed in hurting and killing other fellow men for some reason or the other. We do not act like human beings after all. In an instinct to survive and in utmost greed we forget that there is greater happiness in showing compassion for others. We often disregard humanity. We forgot the little good things we learnt as youngsters - Sharing, caring and love for our fellow beings. We live among Hitlers and Osamas who battered and assaulted men. What did they achieve? Why couldn’t they be men who spread happiness in as many people they killed? In the few years that we have come here to live in this lovely world we must ensure we do not see pain in anybody again.

“Boomiyil Maanidan” comes to say exactly this in old Tamil and soft music that the humans have forgotten the way of life which is to spread peace and not to slay.

A piece of this music was included in a recent song from the movie Arinthum Ariyamalum of Arya - a Song that was composed by Yuvan. I do not want to rip off the credits from yuvan who offered a wonderful number which is still remembered for its beats and hot dance, but at the same time want to share the goodness of the forgotten legend that was emblazoned into it.

So all that I could do as a good human now is to share the song with few pictures that flashed in my mind while listening.

Let not another drop of blood spill: let there be no pain: Let love be shared


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the song too and the way its delivered, despite my being musically challenged. While your contention is mostly right, I feel, darkness must exist for light to be felt and appreciated. While I agree that at a micro level, we all must practise love, it is hard to imagine a world devoid of hatred and hardship. Although I don't deny that tyrants like Hitler/Osama acted in their free will to do things they did, I also wonder sometimes if they were mere instruments in the hands of the person/superbeing/the one we call God, to steer humanity in a particular way. I feel if the total human population was good and nice and loved and loving, we would probably never progress in any direction.

Asif said...

Gud one..u should write often

FRIENDS said...

gud one... expecting more frm u Badjal..